Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hardware Hottie!

Well I survived the first week! And I barely survived. This last week has been the most painful week of my life! And to make things even more enjoyable our poor little Lily was really irritable and started limping and so Trent and my mom took her to the Dr. and found out she has that nasty hands, foot, and throat virus that's been going around where they get little sores on their hands, feet and in their mouth. Luckily Lily didn't have them in her mouth, but she did on her hands and feet. And of course with viruses the Dr. will say there's nothing they can do about it, so just go home and wait it out,  but of course I know better. So listen up everybody! Melaleuca Essential oil can kill viruses! So we have just been rubbing a tiny bit of Melaleuca on Lily's feet and on the sores a couple of time a day. So easy even Dad can do that while Mom is out of commission.



Since this has been a lot more painful than I had anticipated some people have asked if I regret doing this? Not at all. I met with my surgeon today and he was quite pleased with my progress. Even though I am in tremendous pain, considering what they did to me I look pretty good! Here is my x-ray from today and you can tell where they cut the bone and put plate/screws in. I have a total of 7 new pieces of hardware in my face.
Yeah, I know you're jealous!

While I was there the surgeon changed my rubber bands (what is holding my teeth together) and as he was taking one off he cut it and it snapped up and hit under my lips where they had cut! OWWWW! I didn't cry though, because that would only have added to my pain. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Anyways here are the pictures I have taken since my last post to show you how amazing I am looking. Still looking a little scary, but I had a nice compliment today from my sweet Grandma, "You're starting to look human again." Ahhh thanks Grandma!


 Ok, I swear I looked better than this on day 5. Or at least I didn't look so pale/green. The lighting is bad





 And just note that I have not been doing my hair whatsoever or wearing makeup

 This is the 7th day (6 days after surgery)


And since today I actually got out of the house I kind of did my hair, put on some makeup and put my contacts in! Definitely the best photos so far I think. (side note: most of my face has been numb and swollen, but my eyes have also been numb and swollen especially my left eye so that is one of the reasons why I have been wearing my glasses so much. It is really weird.)

 Do you agree with my Grandma? Am I starting to look human?



No comments: