Wednesday, July 6, 2011

8 months and counting

Over the last 8 months a lot has happened. At first nobody really noticed unless I told them, and as the months went by more people did. I started getting more and more self conscious. Certain things started getting bigger and more obvious, and the sleeping now is a joke! I am constantly uncomfortable and in pain. I am also so tired because of the lack of sleep and it is getting harder and harder to breathe. I look at my calendar multiple times a day to see how much longer I have and willing time to move faster. At night I think about the outcome and how happy I will be and how much better I will feel. Seems like I have been waiting forever, but Hopefully the end is near! That's right everybody! If all goes as planned, sometime in September I will become a mother of three! Just kidding I am not pregnant, but that is honestly how I feel minus the whole baby part. I am 8 months into my process of having orthognathic surgery (jaw surgery)! I know really exciting huh? If you have talked to me in the lately you most likely know this, because I tend to talk about it A LOT. So sorry guys, but I can't seem to help it. I am just so darn excited to have my jaw broken in multiple places and I can't even begin to describe how happy I was when my surgeon told me he will teach me in the hospital how to eat out of a syringe! Yep, good days ahead for me!



It will not be the most fun time of my life, but the outcome will be worth it. To actually be able to close my mouth and have my teeth fit together correctly will be great. I can't wait for the day I can put my hair in a ponytail and not be self conscious. And the day I get my braces off! That will probably be up there with my wedding day and when my children were born. I am planning on having a huge party full of corn on the cob, caramel apples, popcorn, nuts, carrots etc... Too bad I probably have a year before that day comes, but when it does feel free to pay me the highest compliment possible by saying things like, "You have a really nice profile!" or "Hey Jen! I like your chin!"


1.

Receding Jaw before diagram Receding Jaw after diagram

2.

Open Bite before diagramOpen Bite after diagram
3.

3 comments:

Princess Di said...

Jennifer,
I just want you to know I've never ever thought anything but beautiful things about you or your profile. In fact, I not only look up to you for your beautiful face, but for who you are as an individual. You are beautiful just the way you are...I will be praying for you each step of the way. Thanks so much for your friendship. It really means a lot to me!

Courtney J said...

Trent better step up his game, he's gonna have some major competition! I feel like this is happening to me, I am so happy!

Natasha said...

Wow! That sounds "fun"! :) Good luck with everything! I have major jaw problems too (my teeth don't fit, head aches all the time, clicking, locking, etc.) so I know what you mean when you say it will be worth it! And you'll feel beautiful (I've always thought you were! But feeling beautiful is so important.)