Thursday, October 22, 2009

Proposition 11

Lately I have felt very discriminated against and have decided to propose a proposition 11. In this proposition I am hoping to achieve equal rights for tall pregnant women who wear size 11 shoes. Yes I said 11.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find long maternity jeans! The longest I have been able to find have a 34" inseam, but I need at least a 35". When I was pregnant with Adalynn I was able to wear capris, but this time it will be a little too chilly. Does the maternity industry think that tall women are unable to get pregnant? Or if we do, we don't want to wear pants? Gosh I just don't understand!

It is also pathetic how many shoe stores do not carry size 11. I was at the mall with my mom recently and we were both looking for shoes. We went into one of those cute little shoe stores, but of course they only carry up to size 10. To those who have tiny feet and average length legs probably won't understand, but I was so irritated! I know that I am not the only women (or even girl) out there that wears this astronomical size! I am so sick of asking people if they carry 11's and having the workers give each other "the look" like I am this freak of nature, or the other response that I hate is when they whisper "eleven?" back to me like I said a bad word. This isn't something new to me, I remember back in Primary when our class went bowling and the worker didn't believe me when I told him what shoe size I needed. Lets just say I was seriously scarred. Intense therapy has helped me overcome that difficult time in my life, but I still say something needs to change! I say to all of those long limbed, larger footed women out there, lets stand tall together and fight for the equal rights we deserve!

4 comments:

Ana Steinagel said...

But, you can reach things on the top shelf, see the furthest in a crowd, play keep away better than most and you always look amazing.

Tawny said...

Well said jen!! i'll vote for it! longer inseams are SOSO needed, especially for the pregnant!!

Courtney J said...

..you can also go into the deep end of the pool without drowning.

My advice? Wear dresses!

jakeandlacey said...

Jen! I found your blog through Jodi's :) Modern Shoe on Center Street in Provo carries size 11! I used to work there. Their shoes are more expensive but they carry higher quality brands that last a really long time! Having good shoes makes a huge difference! I share your need for a long inseam! Buckle carries BKE jeans that are great and come with a 35 1/2 inch inseam. They're expensive though...:( Good luck!